As you know, we were set to have the 442nd Regimental Combat Team 77th Anniversary Banquet on May 2. Then we moved the date to September 5 as a result of the statewide lock-down due to the COVID-19 virus.
Hale Ikena at Fort Shafter has now told us that they will not be able to accommodate us in September due to continuing social distancing requirements. So we have rescheduled the Anniversary Banquet to 2021 – as follows:
When Saturday, 22 May 2021
Where Hale Ikena, Building 711, Morton Drive, Fort Shafter
Cost tbd per person (WWII 442nd Veterans/spouses/widows complimentary)
Note There may be a slight increase over the 2020 cost of $39 due to a possible 2021 increase from Hale Ikena.
Registration: Save the date for now – further information for registration will be sent this coming January.
For planning purposes it would be really helpful to have a rough estimate of the number of attendees. Could you please reply to this email with a note as to whether your current expectation is that you will be attending, or will not be attending. If it is likely you will be attending, the number of adults and children in your party would be helpful for the Banquet Planning team to know.
- Payment Make one check for all attendees registering together, payable to “Sons & Daughters of the 442nd RCT” with “77th Anniversary” noted on the check
- Registration Complete the attached form and mail with check to address below
- Mail to Sons & Daughters of the 442nd RCT, 933 Wiliwili Street, Honolulu HI 96826
- 10:00am 442nd RCT logo item sales begin
- 10:30am Veterans photo shoot
- 10:50am Processional forms outside ballroom
- 11:00am Processional enters ballroom
- 11:15am Pledge of Allegiance, Star-Spangled Banner, Hawai’i Pono’i Honoring the Fallen: A Moment of Silence Invocation followed by opening of Hawaiian Luau Buffet
- Veteran photos. Please bring a framed photo of your Veteran(s). (8.5”x11” or smaller, please, due to space limitations) One family member will carry each photo in the Processional and place it on a table at the front of the ballroom.
- Processional. Will enter the ballroom in order of unit (Company or Battery). Veterans will lead their unit, as available.
- Volunteers. Anyone wishing to help, contact Bill Wright, , as soon as possible. There are many ways to be part of the Banquet Committee.
- Questions. Contact Juanita Allen, (808) 840-0627.