“They bought an awful hunk of America with their blood. You’re damn right those Nisei boys have a place in the American heart, now and forever. We cannot allow a single injustice to be done to the Nisei without defeating the purposes for which we fought.”
General Joseph “Vinegar Joe” Stillwell
Please help us honor the 442nd Regimental Combat Team on their 70th Anniversary scheduled for March 22 – 24, 2013. With your donation we will be able to host a weekend for veterans, widows, and their families and friends from across the country. To encourage participation by our Nisei veterans and widows of veterans from all units, we will cover the cost of their event meals, including the premier event – the 70th Anniversary banquet, and we need your help.
The activities planned for all of them, including the 100th Infantry Battalion, the Military
Intelligence Service (MIS), and the 1399th Engineer Construction Battalion are:
- Friday, March 22nd – “At Ease” an informal social gathering at the 100th Infantry Battalion Clubhouse followed by a meeting of the various Sons and Daughters organizations to share their legacy plans for the future
- Saturday, March 23rd – Joint Memorial Service at Fort DeRussy and a tour of the U.S. Army Museum followed by an old-fashion Family Picnic
- Sunday, March 24th – 70th Anniversary Banquet at the Hilton Hawaiian Village
- Optional tours around the island and to various WWII sites are also being offered
Our Levels of Giving are divided into seven groups listing the seven campaigns the Nisei soldiers fought in from the beginning to the end of their European service. We’ve chosen to list them for educational purposes and in memory of those killed in action in those campaigns. (Please visit www.goforbroke.org for more information about the campaigns and the other battlesvaliantly fought by our Nisei soldiers.)
- Naples – Foggia Campaign (Sept. 1943 – Jan. 1944) $1 – $99
- Rome-Arno Campaign (Jan. 1944 – Sept. 1944) $100 – $499
- Southern France Campaign (Aug. 1944 – Sept. 1944) $500 – $999
- Northern Apennines (Sept. 1944 – April 1945) $1,000 – $2,999
- Rhineland (Sept. 1944 – March 1945) $3,000 – $4,999
- Central Europe (March 1945 – May 1945) $5,000 – $6,999
- Po Valley Campaign (April 1945 – May 1945) $7,000 and up
All donors will be recognized in our official program booklet. “Central Europe” and “Po Valley Campaign” donors will, in addition, receive a replica of the Congressional Gold Medal and a Certificate of Appreciation from the 442nd RCT.
Please fill out the form below or download this donation form and mail.
Checks may be made to the 442nd Veterans Club and sent to 922 Wiliwili Street, Honolulu, HI 96826. Mahalo!
[gravityform id=2 name=Donatefor 442nd Veteran Celebration description=false]